Emergency First Response
Learn how to face emergencies.
Emergency First Response - $75
CPR and First Aid
First aid and CPR are skills that anyone involved in adventure sports must be familiar with in case of emergencies. These skills are necessary for the PADI Rescue Diver course. Emergency First Response (EFR) is affiliated with PADI, and it specializes in teaching these lifesaving skills for professional-level ratings. This training focuses on building confidence and promoting the willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency. Majority of PADI instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors. There are no requirements to qualify for the enrollment of Emergency First Response courses other than having a genuine care for other people and the desire to assist in medical emergencies.
Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care
To build the necessary foundation, you will need not only the instructor’s guide but also some self-studying to grasp the essential points further.
The Primary and Secondary Care Manual and DVD video:
- Preview emergency scenarios and provide step-by-step skill demonstrations. These are for you to conduct a self-study in preparation for your every training session and as a reviewer in case you want to check back on something.
The Emergency First Response Care:
- Printed on a Glance card will serve as a quick reference guide for emergency situations. It is designed to fit in small compartments
You will learn in the EFR Primary and Secondary Courses:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR and Rescue Breathing at the layperson level
- The use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED) (optional)
- Shock care and prevention
- Spinal injury management
- Disease transmission risk reduction using barriers
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations
Your just a hop skip and jump away from becoming a PADI Certified Dive Master. What